Trying to find out how to delete Cash App account information & the app?
You’re not alone, and you’re in the right place!
We’ll show you how to do this without having to contact Cash App customer support.
You can do it right through the Cash App on your mobile phone.
In this article, we’ll discuss:
- Can you delete a Cash App account?
- How to delete your Cash App account permanently
- Deleting account history instead
- Delete Cash App account FAQs
It’s not a complicated process, but let’s make sure we’ve got this right before we go deleting stuff, right?
Let’s dive in.
Can You Delete a Cash App Account?
You can permanently delete your Cash App account from the Account Settings page on the app with your mobile device. Before you delete your account, make sure to transfer any remaining funds to your bank account. You should delete your Cash App account before you delete the app on your device. 
Why Delete a Cash App Account Permanently?
While Cash App is an awesome mobile app with a ton of cool features and versatility, it’s not for everyone.
Not using Cash App anymore?
If it’s collecting dust, you may want to simply delete it.
Deleting your Cash App isn’t as simple as moving the app icon into your trash, though.
If you decide to salvage it and want more transfer options, check out our guide on how to transfer Venmo to Cash App.
It’s pretty cool!
If you decide to go ahead and delete, you’ll have to go through the steps below to delete your actual Cash App account before you nix the app on your phone.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account Permanently
How to delete Cash App account?
This is a common question, and we’ll walk you through step-by-step how to do it so you can permanently delete your payment history, account activity, and personal information.
How to delete your Cash App account
- Tap “Cash Out” (banking tab)
- Tap the profile icon
- Choose “Support” from the options
- Select “Something Else” on the list of choices
- Tap “Account Settings”
- Choose “Close my Cash App Account”
- Tap “Confirm” to close your account
Once you’ve completed these steps to deleting your Cash App account, you can now delete the app from your device.
If you’re looking for a different type of money transfer app, we’d suggest checking out our Zelle referral code guide, especially if you need to be able to do a lot of transfers with bank accounts.
How to Switch Your Account Type to Avoid Deleting
What if you just simply want to change your account from personal to business, or vice versa? 
You don’t need to delete & re-start with a whole new Cash App account!
Follow these simple steps to switch your account type:
- Tap “Settings” on the menu bar at the bottom of your Cash App screen
- Scroll down and tap “Account Settings”
- Choose “Switch your account type”
- Choose how you’d like your account switched (business to personal, or personal to business)
- If you’re switching from business to personal, you will need a bank account
- If you’re switching from personal to business, your current Cash App business account number will be used
You’re now good to go with your new account type.
Deleting Account History
How can I delete just my transactions or history instead of my whole account?
It’s a great question, and before you delete your Cash App account deeply & permanently, there is an easy way to delete transactions.
- Click “Settings” on the menu bar at the bottom of your Cash App screen
- Scroll down and tap “Account Settings”
- Choose “Account Options”
- Select how you’d like to close your @CashApp account (delete activity, delete my Cash App account)
- You will be asked how far back you want to delete your history. You can choose how far back up to 90 days (3 months) of history you would like deleted.
- Click “Confirm”
Now you have a fresh start & a clean slate with your Cash App account!
Delete Cash App Account FAQs
Can you deactivate your Cash App without deleting?
No, they don’t have a deactivating feature. You can either delete or leave it open, but there’s no in-between stage.
If I close my Cash App account, will I ever be able to use it again to send money online?
Once you go through the process to delete your account, it’s gone forever. However, if you change your mind down the road and want to give Cash App another try, you can simply start a new account to send money.