Hunting for Ibotta cheats or a good Ibotta receipt hack to maximize your earnings?
You’re in the right place!
We’ve covered all of the best tips, tricks & Ibotta app cheats for you to really get the most out of your experience with your Ibotta account and get mad cashback.
Ibotta is a mobile app that lets you earn cashback on your purchases at your favorite stores.
This Ibotta cheats sheet guide will dive into the top ways to use this app and all of the new features that have recently been added as well.
Let’s get started!
Why Should I Use Ibotta?
What’s so great about Ibotta, anyways?
So many things!
The Ibotta app features collaborations with more than 1500 brands so you can use the app for purchases as well as for rewards promotions.
Linking loyalty cards allows you to make in-store purchases for the cards and access the day’s offers in-store. 
The apps also provide various deals and offer featuring different brands competing at different times.
It’s peak convenience 🙂
With the app, you can also get gift cards from your favorite stores and get cashback on the purchases you make.
It has given more than 35 million registered users an annual sum of almost $800 million in cash incentives.
The Ibotta app is great for those who like shopping and would like to make money on their purchases.
It also provides something extra with its online rebates, bonus offers, coupons, and other types of discounts.
How Do I Sign Up for an Ibotta Account?
It’s easy to sign up for an account with the Ibotta app, all you need is a smartphone and your email address.
It’s super simple.
It also lets you earn money for everyday purchases such as groceries and gas which can be redeemed quickly and easily through the app.
Referral Codes for Ibotta
There are different ways to use the app, but all you have to do is refer your friends and family members.
You can become an Ibotta member (and earn a sweet welcome bonus) by typing in the referral code PJDLSCG when prompted during signup.
Before using any codes here are some tips on how it works:
- Each store offers a certain amount of cashback which is noted on the app
- You can get cashback for purchases made at any brand in the app by entering all of your receipts into the app.
- If you are not sure about certain products, just snap a picture of them or search for recipes that use them and earn cash rewards
- You also need to enter all of your receipts into the app
- The Ibotta deals expire quickly so you have to be quick if you want to get your cash back rewards
- You cannot typically use a coupon code for a product that is already discounted
Use Ibotta’s Barcode Scanner at the Store
Ibotta’s barcode scanner is a helpful tool that can be used to earn cashback at the store.
It works by scanning the item’s barcode before you purchase it, which will pull up any available promotions or coupons for that item.
No more confusion or second-guessing!
It really simplifies the entire process.
You’ll receive your rebate once you complete the transaction and scan your receipt with Ibotta.
If you’re not already using this app when shopping, here are some reasons why you should start today:
- It doesn’t require much work on your end – just scan and shop!
- You don’t have to buy anything specific to take advantage of offers – they apply across many product categories.
- The best part? There are no forms or hassles to deal with after you submit your receipts.
You can also use the Ibotta barcode scanner before making a purchase to find out whether there are any coupons for that item nearby.
The cashback you earn from scanning at stores goes into an account which then can be cashed out through PayPal or Venmo, or transferred to your bank account.
List of Stores with Cash Back Offers
You will find the list of brands that are included in this app.
Some of them include:
- Whole Foods Market
- Anytime Fitness
- Gap Inc.
- Dollar General Corp.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
…and many more!
Tips for Saving More Money at Grocery Stores & Restaurants
Ibotta is a mobile app that helps you save money when food shopping, eating out at restaurants, grocery stores, etc.
It even works wonders while traveling! 
Below I share with you some tips to help you save more money too:
- When you shop at a supermarket, use the Ibotta app to download digital coupons and collect discount codes before going out to shop. You can also link your loyalty or gift cards with your account so you get even more savings.
- Decide which brands you would like to get cashback from and stay loyal to them.
- If you want to get started but don’t have a smartphone, you can still take advantage of offers with Ibotta’s online option. All you need is a computer or tablet with an internet connection.
- You can earn cashback at restaurants, bars, and food festivals for posting pictures on social media.
- Get cash back by shopping online. Simply go to the website of your favorite brands, shop as normal, and get paid through Ibotta!
Freebies You Can Get Just by Using the App!
If you use the Ibotta app to get cash back, you can also unlock extra bonuses and freebies.
When a company offers a rebate on specific items, you’ll be notified through your mobile device or email.
- You can also unlock freebies by completing certain tasks such as watching videos and taking short surveys.
- You can also receive extra cashback by shopping through the Ibotta app.
- There’s also the chance to win free stuff with Ibotta’s online sweepstakes! Simply sign up for an account and enter your contact information to be entered in their monthly giveaways.
- You can also join Ibotta’s referral program and get $5 for every person you refer to the app.
Top 8 Ibotta Cheats & Tips
Ibotta is a great app to use for saving money.
It’s super simple and there are many different types of offers that you may be able to take advantage of.
With these 8 Ibotta cheats, you’ll be on your way to saving more money!
- Redeeming rebates on low price items
- Increase your earnings by working with other people
- Stack cashback apps like checkout 51 or Shopkick to get more bonuses
- Remember that you have clothing beauty, traveling, and restaurants, bars, homes
- Shop in the grocery store to use your coupons with apps such as Ibotta
- Subscribe to Ibotta’s newsletter for specific cashback deals
- Update your location to get great deals specific to where you live
- Share your purchases on social media or show how much fun you were having at a restaurant
How Do I Make Money with the Ibotta App?
First of all…
Every Ibotta account is FREE!
Ibotta is not only available on the iPhone, but also on the Google Play Store, Windows phones, and even on desktop (they have a pretty sweet browser extension).
The app can help you save money every day by giving you savings on your purchases at any of the partnered stores.
You can access all sorts of offers including food, clothing, travel, retail, and more.
The Ibotta app shows you all the available offers on partner stores.
There are TONS of participating stores!
Over 300, in fact 🙂
To unlock offers you simply need to undertake a quick challenge like answering questions or watching videos.
When your combined earnings exceed $20 you can transfer it to your bank account or even PayPal account.
All retail stores and retailers have automatic notifications about your purchase so that you don’t have to contact them.
Withdraw Cash When You Reach $20
Ibotta gives consumers multiple payment options for a gift card once purchased amounting to $20. 
PayPal is my fave!
It works great because I don’t connect one to a bank account and the credit will be sent straight into your account.
You can also request a check through snail mail, but this will take longer for the money to be transferred.
How Can I Earn or Save Money Through Ibotta?
Ibotta is a mobile app that offers cashback on purchases.
Ibotta users can earn money by purchasing items from the grocery store and scanning their receipts using the Ibotta app.
- Check out with Ibotta at participating stores to earn cash back rebates or coupons
- Download the Ibotta app and use “Scan” to scan barcodes for discounts on tons of everyday items today
- Earn money by referring friends and family–that’s right, you can earn more when they earn too. When someone uses your promotional code or shares it with their friends, both parties get a referral bonus after making their first qualifying purchase
- Tap the “Cash Back” icon in the app to open up your list of offers available at nearby stores or online
- Browse through your favorite stores, restaurants, fashion boutiques, supercenters, and more for thousands of products that are updated daily to give you great savings on all kinds of items
- Try using Ibotta promo codes for added earn rewards and savings on your favorite items
Ibotta Alternatives Money Saving Apps
Ibotta is a money-saving app that offers users cashback on their purchases.
The user simply has to upload a receipt and the company will credit them for the purchase.
Easy peasy, no big deal.
If you’d like to stack some apps, here are some other alternative apps that offer similar features:
- Checkout 51 – This is another popular app among grocery shoppers, but it also offers deals at restaurants and stores like Target and Walmart. Some of my personal favorites include Dunkin’ Donuts (buy any beverage get 10 cents off), Sonic Drive-In (buy one get one free on select drinks and slushes), and CVS (get $3 off a $15 beauty purchase).
- Fetch Rewards – This app is another cashback app that will give you points for uploading receipts. These points can then be redeemed for gift cards or products. If you really want to rack up your points, you’ll need to make sure you set the app as your default grocery shopping app and use it for all of your regular purchases.
- Shopkick – This is a different kind of cashback app since they only offer points for walking into stores or scanning items. The points can then be redeemed for gift cards to major retailers like Target or iTunes. Since you’re not required to purchase anything through this app, it’s a good way to earn some freebies without much effort.
Ibotta’s new app lets you save money on your own purchases that are on Ipad.
Because it costs absolutely nothing to test, you have nothing to lose.
Ibotta is a free app for both iOS and Android.
It’s really simple to use, with one main screen that shows you all of the current offers available in your area.
It works this way: when you go out shopping, check Ibotta before going to see what coupons they have available.
And when you’re done?
Check your receipt after shopping to see if you have any qualifying items.
Ibotta will automatically know if you used an offer on your current purchase, and that’s it!
It’s seriously easy.
If the total number of offers is greater than $20, then they’ll send you a check or PayPal payment for your earnings.
There are many ways to save money or earn extra money with Ibotta.
The main things you can do are to check their app daily for new offers, and then when you’re at the store making a qualifying purchase, use the offer from Ibotta when checking out.
You’ll automatically see your savings add up!
How do you get free money on Ibotta?
Ibotta is an app that can help you save money on your shopping decisions. You authorize the use of a coupon at checkout, and after Ibotta sees it was used–they’ll automatically send you a payment for your earnings.
How do I maximize my Ibotta rewards?
The prompts on the app with a “Maximize Offer” icon will show you how to get the most savings. Maximize offers include maximizing Ibotta while still in-store, collaborating with family and friends, and shopping at places that offer double the rebate (some stores provide more than one).
Can you use the same receipt twice on Ibotta?
Yes, you can use the same receipt twice on Ibotta, as long as you’re not trying to claim one offer more than once. For example, if you’re getting cash back from purchasing beef, you can’t get that specific offer again from the same receipt. But if you forgot to include another item, you can use the same receipt to add that different offer.