On the hunt for a good Ibotta referral code that works?
Dying to snag that sweet $20 welcome bonus?
You’re in the right place!
We’ve got an official Ibotta referral code that works beautifully, along with step-by-step instructions to help you earn that referral bonus while continuing to earn extra cash every time you shop.
Plus, get an extra $18 to $45+ with the Jack-O-Lantern bonus and even more for referring additional friends.
How many bonuses is that?
Well, if you complete everything we have listed in this guide, you’ll boost your bonus amount up to a massive $58!
In this guide, we’ll discuss the following:
- Does Ibotta have a referral code?
- What is Ibotta & why do I need it?
- Ibotta referral code & welcome bonus
- How to use Ibotta to save money
- Ibotta referral program & bonuses
- Ibotta referral code FAQs
All of that sound good?
Let’s dive in!
Does Ibotta Have a Referral Code?
Yep, they sure do!
A Ibotta referral code is PJDLSCG. Enter this code in the Ibotta app to earn an additional cash bonus when you redeem an offer and while supplies last.
As long as you enter this code during sign-up and redeem an offer within 30 days, you’ll get that bonus.
In fact, you can snag $30 right off the bat (the first $10 is for using the referral code, and the remaining $20 is for redeeming that first offer).
What is Ibotta & Why Do I Need It?
Ibotta is a user-friendly platform that makes it simple to get the best deal available, making it a popular choice for customers seeking the most bang for their buck.
For even more significant savings, Ibotta coupon codes may be used.
Ibotta works with several major retailers that allow customers to save on everyday products.
Ibotta collaborates with Walmart, The Home Depot, Amazon, Macy’s, and Adidas. 
But there are MANY more.
Customers may also get cashback & savings (or even a gift card) at pharmacies, convenience stores, and grocery stores by using their phones or making in-store trips.
The options are pretty limitless.
Having an Ibotta account allows you to save extra money from the grocery store, online purchases, and a whole load of other everyday purchases you already make.
Plus, Ibotta referrals can snag you some extra money just by spreading the word.
Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
Ibotta Referral Code, Welcome Bonus & More
When looking at any referral program, people often wonder a lot of things.
- What does the Ibotta referral code do?
- How can I earn cash?
- Does it work for online shopping?
- Is it only for new users?
- Is this a free app?
- Is it just the sign up bonus, or can I keep earning cash back when I invite others?
- Is it just for grocery shopping?
Okay, so just to get a couple of things out of the way – Ibotta is a completely free app.
It’s a rewards app that allows you to receive cash rebates and earn money back from your favorite grocery stores…but it’s not just groceries.
You can save at SO MANY retailers; it’ll blow your mind.
And the Ibotta referral code hack we discuss here is the BEST.
Because yes, you can earn the sign-up bonus, but you can also keep earning cashback by using your personal referral link to invite friends to sign up for Ibotta.
AND you can continue to redeem offers as often as you want and earn other coupons, too; no referral code is needed.
Does the Ibotta App Currently Offer a Referral Code?
Yes, you may use the Ibotta referral code PJDLSCG to earn one of the largest sign-up bonuses available, as well as highly significant savings on your regular purchases.
We’ll tell you how to add this referral code to your Ibotta account just below.
But don’t miss the rest of the bonuses too!
Let’s break it down first.
All the Ibotta Bonuses
First thing is that referral code (PJDLSCG) that you’ll need to use during sign-up.
Here are all of the bonuses you can grab hold of:
- Earn $10 when you use the referral code at sign-up
- Add another $20 for completing a qualifying offer within 30 days (this is the welcome bonus)
- Redeem an additional $10 for each friend you refer to Ibotta (this is unlimited!)
- Another $18 (or more) for special bonuses (typically they’re seasonal) – currently, this is the Jack-O-Lantern Bonus (more details in a section below)
That’s a total of $48 even before referring friends!!
What is the Best Ibotta Referral Code to Use?
There are hundreds of Ibotta referral codes to choose from, but which one is the greatest?
When you download the Ibotta app and make a qualifying purchase using one of these referral codes, you’ll get an Ibotta welcome bonus.
The best Ibotta referral code to use is: PJDLSCG
This code works!
It’s been verified hundreds of times over and doesn’t send anyone away with error messages and frustration.
Just a good ol’ simple Ibotta referral code hack for free money.
How Do You Add the Referral Code to the Ibotta App?
You’ll get a referral bonus when a buddy joins up with your code and uses the app to shop in-store or online.
You’ll receive $5 for each friend you refer, as well as possible Ibotta referral bonuses throughout the month.
More money for your friends, more money for you — that’s a no-brainer!
To enter the Ibotta referral code into your app:
- Download the Ibotta app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store if you haven’t already
- When you’ve opened up your account, click on “Invite Friends.”
- In the referral code box – enter: PJDLSCG
- Press “Submit” and share!
- Double-check that it shows your Ibotta cash balance updated with a referral bonus! ♥️
That’s all there is to it.
You’ll earn a referral bonus for adding a friend to Ibotta without sacrificing any cashback savings yourself — everyone’s a winner! 🎉🎉🎉
Ibotta Referral Bonus Requirements
There isn’t much in the way of red tape as far as using an Ibotta referral code.
There are a few small requirements to keep in mind, however. 
Here they are:
- Ibotta referral code users (the people entering the code at signup) must be new users to the app (there are other ways for existing users to earn cash back)
- You must make a qualifying purchase before the sign up bonus pays out
- This qualifying offer usually has a time frame attached to it (typically redeem within 14 days, but it sometimes varies)
- Any items listed in the Ibotta app qualify to meet these requirements
- The cash back will process to your account before it officially becomes a ‘qualifying purchase’ and the sign up bonus will be paid
Great Ways to Use Ibotta to Save Money
Do you love saving money?
There are so many ways to save (or earn cashback) when you sign up for Ibotta.
Plus, since the app is completely free, all of these bonus methods are stellar ways to get cashback on stuff you’re literally already buying (plus another mention of that sign-up bonus in case you missed it above).
Here are some excellent ways to earn cashback with Ibotta.
Generic & Any-Brand Item Offers
An often overlooked Ibotta rebates hack is to earn cashback from generic items or ‘any-brand’ items, meaning you can get the discount regardless of which brand you choose. 
This is a great way to save at certain stores every single time you shop.
Many times you’ll earn this simply by watching videos in the app.
Get Cash Back for Items You Already Purchase
Doesn’t everyone have to eat?
Well, Ibotta makes it simple to save money on food you are most likely already buying.
No extra purchases are necessary!
There’s no need to clip coupons or register for every grocery store’s newsletter; instead, Ibotta allows you to use it in an easy manner, as follows:
- Look for offers on items you intend to purchase
- Purchase those items as you normally would
- With the Ibotta app, take a photo of your receipt and upload it (or connect your loyalty account to upload it automatically)
- You will see your savings in your Ibotta account typically after 24-48 hours
- Redeemed rebates can be used to purchase other products using PayPal, or you can cash it out to a bank account if you prefer
Looking for a quick Ibotta discount?
You can combine sales, coupons, and any other offers with Ibotta deals to save even more.
I’ve been able to get things for cents by doing this, so you may still coupon while also saving money using Ibotta.
It’s really a win-win all around 🙂
Use the Ibotta Browser Extension
The Ibotta browser extension is a great way to save money when you’re shopping online. 
All of the Ibotta requirements for a cash back bonus are met through this method, and it’s super easy to use!
The extension will show discounts while you shop at any site that supports Ibotta.
You can even get notifications about offers from your favorite stores so that you don’t miss out on one.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit an online store by typing in their web address or clicking a link from another page (the browser plugin works with over 40+ popular retailers)
- You’ll see Ibotta offer details on special savings for the products available from the selected retailer
- Proceed to checkout as normal
- After payment is processed, a confirmation message will appear on your screen
Earn Cash Through Special Bonuses (up to $45+)
Ibotta offers various bonuses, including receiving a certain number of rebates before a specific date or referring a particular amount of people.
It’s an excellent method to boost your Ibotta earnings.
Not to mention that tremendous initial welcome bonus!
Their seasonal bonuses change often; for example, they typically have a back-to-school bonus around August/September and holiday bonuses towards the end of the year.
Currently, they’re offering the Jack-O-Lantern bonus.
This bonus typically provides $18 for redeeming 40 unique offers.
Some users have reported higher bonuses for this one, some up to even $45!
How to complete this bonus:
- Redeem 40 unique offers for the $18 bonus (140 offers the for $45 bonus).
- Eligible offers that are pending for cash when this bonus expires will still count towards the bonus.
- Offers redeemed more than once on a receipt will only count 1x towards the bonus.
- Purchases made before 10/01/21
The bonus amount seems to vary by user.
Of course, this higher bonus amount may come with higher redemption requirements, so be sure to check your account to know what your specific requirements are before you go for it.
It may seem like quite a lot of offers, but you can rack up quite a few with just a big shopping trip, especially if you go to more than one store.
This particular offer expires on 11/01/2021 at 12:59 am EST.
NOTE: If this offer is no longer available, Ibotta usually has a similar offer available each month.
Free After Rebate Offers
Ibotta publishes “free after rebate” deals a few times each month. 
What does this mean?
This implies you get the item for free after receiving your rebate payment.
You save money because the rebate amount equals the item’s price, so you receive food for free!
These offers don’t happen very often, but keep an eye out for them.
Ibotta Referral Bonus – Refer Friends & Family
If you want to spread the love, Ibotta offers a referral bonus.
They’ll give you $10 for every person you introduce to Ibotta.
Awesome, right 🙂
Plus, this is unlimited!
You can refer as many people as you’d like without ever reaching any limit.
The person you’re referring will also receive a sign-up bonus of $10 for using your referral code, as well as a $20 welcome bonus once they redeem their first offer.
It’s a win-win all around.
To refer someone to the Ibotta app:
- Log into your Ibotta account
- Tap the menu (top left corner) of the app; it should expand on your screen
- Tap ‘Refer a Friend’
- Enter the email address of the person you’d like to refer
- Tap their name once it pops up and the app will send your referral code to them for you
Prefer to send it manually?
That’s fine too!
Simply give them our referral code PJDLSCG to be super quick about it.
Or, you can go through the above steps but send the code to yourself, then copy & paste it however you’d like.
Can You Use Ibotta for In-Store Shopping?
Yes, you can also use Ibotta when shopping in brick-and-mortar stores.
You can get cash back by scanning your item’s barcode or QR code at the checkout and uploading a photo of your receipt to Ibotta to redeem the offer right inside the store.
Just buy all your regular groceries and other items as you usually would then do the uploading/scanning.
They’ll send you money back for what you bought!
The cashback is typically anywhere from $0.20 to $5 per item and you can expect to see that money deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours of uploading your receipt.
Getting Savings with Online Retailers
You can use Ibotta to save when online shopping!
Ibotta alerts you to great deals and promos at your favorite retailers, like Target.
Simply open the app, find the stores you love (Target included!), and browse the offers when you shop online.
If there’s an offer available for that retailer, click through to start shopping.
You’ll get savings on all sorts of items just by making purchases as usual—no coupons or promo codes needed!
Ibotta Referral Program & Bonuses
When a friend uses your code to make a purchase in-store or online, you’ll get a referral bonus.
You may earn $5 for each friend you refer, as well as look for additional Ibotta referral bonuses every month.
Now that’s something extraordinary!
More money for your friends and more money for yourself — it’s winning all around!
What Happens Next With the Ibotta Sign-Up Bonus?
$10 in Ibotta cash will be rewarded to each new user who completes the app’s activation process and, within 30 days of creating their account, refers a friend who downloads the Ibotta app (“New Users”) and makes a qualifying purchase.
Do you want to get your friends onboard?
You may earn a $10 Ibotta referral bonus for each friend you bring aboard!
All you have to do is go to your profile in the app and find your own Ibotta referral code (it will be listed there). Now you may share it with your friends.
Tips for New Ibotta Users
- Make sure the individual who joins up with your Ibotta referral code is someone you’re familiar with, not a stranger (friend, family member, coworker, etc.)
- Don’t forget about “buy one, get one free” and other shop discounts during the holidays; it’ll help you save money on all of the things you purchase normally
- Use a gift card to get things from shops we wouldn’t normally purchase in order to make it seem like we’re saving money
- Install their browser extension to get even more slashed off your purchases while you’re browsing different retailers already, saving even more money and getting cash back when you shop online
- Connect your loyalty accounts to save even more and make the process go more quickly and smoothly
What Do You Need to Check for During the Sign Up Process?
During the initial sign-up process, here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- If you’re not sure whether your Ibotta referral code has been verified, check the status of your verification (which should say completed).
- The verification request also includes any tasks or offers that must be completed in order for you to complete the verification process (for example, “Verify my phone number”).
- In order to make the bonus with Ibotta work, you must complete a qualifying purchase within a specified period of time. Be sure to check that right away so you don’t miss out or wait too long to redeem your first receipt.
Ibotta Welcome Bonus Not Showing Up
What if the Ibotta referral code seemed to work fine, but the bonus isn’t showing up? 
Definitely frustrating, but probably an easy fix.
Here are a few things to try:
- Clear the app’s cache
- Uninstall & reinstall the app
- Delete your account & re-sign up with our referral link or enter the Ibotta referral code
If none of these work, feel free to reach out to Ibotta support, and they should be able to help you redeem your code without too much more hassle.
The Ibotta Saver Community
Want to maximize your savings?
You should definitely check out the Ibotta Saver Community! 
This is a forum for all Ibotta savers to talk about how they maximize their savings, talk strategies, and more.
It’s a wealth of tips & tricks.
They have various topics, including a deals forum, deal stacking, bonuses, and hauls & wins.
Ibotta Referral Code FAQs
What is the Difference Between an Item’s Rebate Price and Its Grocery Store Sticker Price?
The difference between an item’s rebate price and its grocery sticker price is that Ibotta sets one while the retailers fix the other.
How Does Ibotta Determine Their Item’s Rebate Price?
Ibotta determines their item’s rebate price based on qualifying purchase history, historical data related to an item or category, market research, and information supplied directly by brands.
[timed-content-rule id=”3835″]Can I sign up for multiple accounts to get more welcome bonuses?
No, a maximum of one account is allowed per person, and you cannot redeem a single referral code across multiple accounts.[/timed-content-rule]