Trying to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal?
Or vice versa?
Either way, we’re here to help!
We’ll show you how to transfer money between these apps with a couple of crafty methods.
In this article, we’ll discuss:
- How to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal
- Can you send money from PayPal to Cash App?
- Bank account transfer money FAQs
While there may not be an obvious option to directly transfer money between a Cash App account and a PayPal account, that doesn’t mean it can’t be done.
Let’s dig into this, shall we?
How to Transfer Money from Cash App to PayPal
To transfer money from Cash App to PayPal, you have to take a bit of a scenic route, because there’s no direct option to transfer between the two money transfer apps.
You can easily make it work by using a linked bank account.
Simply link your Cash App account and your PayPal account to the same U.S. bank account and you can easily transfer money when you need to.
If you don’t have a PayPal account yet but are planning to sign up, be sure to grab a PayPal referral bonus at signup!
Here’s how to do the transfer when you’re ready:
- Add your bank account to your Cash App account 
- Cash-out from your Cash App balance to that bank account
- Add the same bank account to PayPal 
- Transfer money from the bank account to your PayPal balance
Need a little more detail?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to this roundabout transfer money option.
Step 1 – Add Your Bank Account to Your Cash App Account
- Open your Cash App on your mobile phone
- Tap the dollar sign ($) icon
- Select ‘Add Bank Account’
- Enter your bank details (routing number & account number)
- Confirm & double-check your linked accounts to make sure it’s added
Step 2 – Cash-Out from Your Cash App Balance to That Bank Account
- Tap the dollar sign ($) icon again
- Select ‘Cash Out’
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer & tap ‘Cash Out’
- Select the bank account to send money to
- Choose your method (the instant transfer option allows you to receive money immediately, but costs a small fee; the standard transfer process is free but takes up to three days (sometimes to 3-5 business days actually)
Step 3 – Add the Same Bank Account to PayPal
- Open your PayPal app on your mobile device
- Tap ‘Account’ to bring up a menu
- Select ‘My Money’
- Tap ‘Update’
- Add your bank account (bank name, name & address associated with the account, routing number, and account number)
- Confirm your bank account (you can choose to confirm instantly or wait 2-3 business days for a standard confirmation)
Step 4 – Transfer Money from Bank Account to PayPal Account
- Tap ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Add Money’
- Enter the amount of the transfer
- Confirm the transfer
That’s it, you’re all set!
Are you doing this transfer because you want to delete Cash App?
Make sure you’re doing it right by taking a look at our guide on how to delete Cash App account (there are multiple options as well).
Can You Send Money from PayPal to Cash App?
There is no way to send money directly from PayPal to Cash App. Alternatively, you can send or transfer money directly to their respective debit cards – the PayPal Cash Card and Cash App Card. Or, you can transfer funds from your PayPal account to your bank account and then to the Cash App instead.
Since there is no direct way to transfer or add money to your PayPal account from Cash App, you can use your local bank account to add or transfer money.
This is the method we focused on above, and it works both ways.
Whether you’re sending money from Cash App to PayPal or from PayPal to Cash App, the method works well with a linked bank account.
Bank Account Transfer Money FAQs
Can I do this money transfer with any of my bank accounts?
Yep! Any U.S.-based bank account will work.
Can I perform the bank transfer through the PayPal mobile app?
Yes, the instructions above are to use the PayPal app to make the transfer.